Interested in developing technology with NASA?
Tell us about the types of opportunities you are looking for. Please note, this page is for informational purposes only, and solicitation dates are subject to change. This information does not constitute a solicitation. To respond to a funding opportunity listed, please access and respond according to the provided solicitation link. NASA does not collect or store any of the information provided by users of this page.
Your roles or organization:
Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) are a type of measurement system used to assess the maturity level of a particular technology. There are nine technology readiness levels. TRL 1 is the lowest and TRL 9 is the highest.
- TRL 1: Basic principles observed and reported
- TRL 2: Technology concept and/or application formulated
- TRL 3: Analytical and experimental critical function and/or characteristic proof-of-concept
- TRL 4: Component and/or breadboard validation in laboratory environment
- TRL 5: Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- TRL 6: System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment (ground or space)
- TRL 7: System prototype demonstration in a space environment
- TRL 8: Actual system completed and “flight qualified” through test and demonstration (ground or space)
- TRL 9: Actual system “flight proven” through successful mission operations.
Other helpful resources:
Use TechPort to search for thousands of NASA technologies.
Learn about NASA's envisioned future for technology development.
The NASA Technology Transfer program ensures that innovations developed for exploration and discovery are broadly available to the public.
Open ARMD Solicitations
Additional information about ARMD solicitations.
Open SMD Solicitations
Additional information about SMD solicitations.
Open STMD Solicitations
Additional information about STMD solicitations.
NASA MSI Exchange
The Minority Serving Institution (MSI) Exchange is a tool that supports your search for innovative and diverse academic collaborators.
NASA Solicitation and Proposal Integrated Review and Evaluation System (NSPIRES) is the official NASA system used to receive, evaluate, and select proposals.
SBIR/STTR Electronic Handbook
The Electronic Handbook is used to receive, evaluate, and select SBIR/STTR proposals.
Still can't find what you are looking for? Contact us and we can help!